BEAVERCREEK, Ohio -- Planning to travel this spring break or Easter weekend? Officers with the Beavercreek Police Department urge people to not leave their home unprotected. The department offers a service called ‘Vacation House Check’ to help ensure your home and all of your personal belongings inside stay safe while you’re away.
The service is free to Beavercreek residents. To sign up, go to beavercreekohio.org. Scroll your cursor over the government tab, then click on police. Scroll down and click on “Vacation House Check” in the blue box on the left. Then fill out the online form.
You can also use this link: https://beavercreekohio.gov/formcenter/police-4/vacation-house-check-form-60
The Beavercreek Police Department offers these tips to help residents protect their homes:
- Make sure all doors and windows are locked
- Set timers on interior lights
- Never broadcast your location on social media
- Alert your alarm company
- Check batteries in all home security devices
- Secure your valuables and make sure they’re out of sight
- Put your mail service on hold
- Schedule package deliveries for times you are home
- Don’t leave spare keys outdoors
- Lock the garage